+91 9656982776


Studying in Australia

Australia has a beautiful natural environment and is a safe country. Also, the studying expenses are relatively cheaper than other countries. Therefore, Australian is an ideal study destination for students.

Australia has a beautiful natural environment and is a safe country. Also, the studying expenses are relatively lower than those in other countries. Therefore, Australia is an ideal destination for learning.

Australia is the largest island in the world and has six states and two territories. It also has a population of over 20 million, which is composed of 140 nationals and races. The multicultural background, in fact, plays an important role in social life and thus forms the unique character of Australia.

Australia is located in South Hemisphere. The average temperature is 30℃ and 20℃ in day and night time respectively during summer. In winter, the average temperature is 23℃ and 10℃ in day and night time respectively.

Australia is a safe, friendly and harmonious country. When you arrive you may find yourself emerged in the friendliness and hospitality of the people.

Australia has well-developed transport infrastructure and provides an easy and convenient transport system. Take Brisbane as an example. The routes and timetables of buses, trains and ferries are accessible on the official website of Translink (Queensland Transport Provider).For more information, please visit http://www.translink.com.au/.

Normally, students who have overseas driver’s license are able to drive in Australia. They are requested to bring their driver’s license enclosed with English translation when driving in Australia.

 Basically, there are three major accommodation options available for overseas students to suit different budgets and needs.

Homestay is students, while studying in a foreign country, live in a local family and share their daily life with the family. Most institutions help to arrange homestay services for international students. Usually a single bed and basic furniture in a room, and 2 or 3 meals a day are provided. Students are requested to pay the rent every fortnight or month depending on the agreement with individual family.  The minimum staying period is four weeks.  Notice should be given 2 weeks in advance to the host family if you intend to move out for other accommodation options. Students can improve their spoken English by communicating with the families on day to day basis. It also helps them to familiarise themselves with the local culture and the living habits in Australia.

Some private secondary schools provide boarding facilities with accommodation, meals and laundry services. There are separate buildings for boys and girls who are all under the supervision of school dormitory administrators.

Besides, some vocational institutions, colleges and universities also offer a variety of accommodation for international students. Single and double rooms are available based on the students’ request and the availability. The on-campus accommodation is comprised of a share kitchen and bathroom, and other facilities like cafe / restaurant and entertainment areas… etc.

The rents may vary depending on the location, size and the facilities of the house / room.  Sharing room or house is very common among international students especially when students have been staying in the country for some time. Students may collect the information from many sources like the local real estate company, notice board in the institute, classmates and friends. Students are also encouraged to gain assistance from accommodation services at institutes.  They are strongly advised to inspect the house / room in person before engaging in any agreement or contract. The lease contract or agreement is usually 6 months or can be flexible in individual cases.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is a health insurance which is offered to international students. It is the requirement by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship for student visa holders. They must obtain and maintain OSHC for the entire duration of study in Australia. It covers the basic medical costs.

All student visa holders are automatically granted with permission to work for up to 20 hours per week while the course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks. For more information about visa condition, please visit DIAC.

You must obtain a Tax File Number (TFN) from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) if you are going to work while studying in Australia. To apply, complete a form available from the ATO website http://www.ato.gov.au

The tuition fees in Australia are relatively lower than those in the UK and the USA.

Before you arrive in Australia, you and your families need to consider the expenses that may incur in Australia. In general, the expenses will include tuition fees, living expenses, visa application fees and costs for overseas students health cover. Also, students may need to pay for some additional services, such as student union, library, laboratory and sports facilities.

Advantages of Australian Education System

The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) is a quality assured national framework of qualifications in the school, vocational education and training (VET), and higher education sector in Australia. The national guidelines can help students to understand the current national qualifications issued in the institutes and choose the suitable program for themselves.

The Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations regulates the education and training sector’s involvement with overseas students studying in Australia on students visas. It does this through the Education Services for Overseas Students legislative framework. This protects Australia’s reputation for delivering quality education services and the interests of overseas students, by setting minimum standards and providing tuition and financial assurance. This ensures that students can study in an equitable learning environment.

CRICOS is the registration under federal legislative requirements for any institutes which intend to provide education or training services to international students in Australia

Types of courses

  • English Language Course (ELICOS)
  • Primary or Secondary Schools
  • University Foundation Cert. IV (pathway program)
  • University Diploma (pathway program)
  • Vocational Education and Training
  • Bachelor Degree
  • Graduation Certificate/Graduation Diploma
  • Master Degree and PhDs ((Doctor of Philosophy)

Major areas to choose from the following:

  • Literature and Humanities
  • Business and Economy
  • Computer and Information Technology
  • Design, architecture and aviation
  • Tourism and or Hotel Management
  • Law, Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
  • Performing arts, visual arts and multimedia
  • Science and Engineering

If you need further information on courses or programmes, please contact our staff for assistance.


Where and what to study?

As an international student, it is important for you to choose a suitable program to achieve a desired outcome and pursue your career dream.

1.Future Career/Majors

Asking yourself a few questions beforehand may guide you to make a right decision. For example,

What area and industry do you intend to work after graduation? What major are you interested in (such as Business, Engineering or Medical…etc.)? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?

2.Education Background and entry requirements

After finding out your interested area, you may proceed to consider the entry requirements of the desired program according to your education background and level.  City Smart consultants are ready to suggest adequate pathways to meet students’ needs based on individual circumstances.

3.Ranking of institutions and the quality of teaching teams

The ranking of schools and the qualification of teachers determine the level and quality of programs. You can find out the ranking of institutes in relevant websites.

4.Recognition and approval from the state/territory authority

All education or training providers who offer programs to overseas students are required to comply with the federal legislative requirements for registration.

5.Seeking advice from others

Apart from your own opinions, you may obtain some helpful suggestions from professionals, your family members and friends. So talk to them!

Aman Group invites institution representatives to have seminars or interview sessions in our regional offices.  You are able to collect the accurate and latest information of courses as well as their practical advice. You can also approach your friends or relatives who have studied or are studying overseas for valuable opinions and suggestions. AmanGroup works closely with overseas schools and institutions in order to offer high-quality service to the students. For more information about the procedure and documents required, please contact your closest Aman office. 

Did you know that Your baggage may be X-rayed when you arrive. This should not affect normal camera film.

Fireworks, flammable liquids, corrosives, gas cylinders are not permitted on aircraft or in your baggage.

Visitors including business people and students can bring such items as desktop or laptop computers and similar electronic equipment duty free into Australia provided Customs is satisfied these items are intended to be taken with them on departure.

Yellow fever is a quarantinable disease under the Quarantine Act 1908. Australia requires any person over one year of age to hold an individual international yellow fever vaccination certificate if they have, within six days prior to their arrival in Australia, stayed overnight or longer in a declared yellow fever infected country.

For further information regarding Australia’s yellow fever vaccination requirements refer to the Australian Department of Health and Ageing yellow fever fact sheet at the following link:


If you are unhappy with any aspect of your dealings with Customs, please ask to speak to a senior officer.

Customs National Information Line Phone:1300 363 263

http://www.customs.gov.au/ , email: information@customs.gov.au

need help?

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us.